"Custom Fit Footwear"
(a short story )


Previous to the 1900's, before the days of Mass Production everyone had their shoes made by the local Shoemaker, on their own personalized wooden molds called "Shoe Lasts".

Digitoe Computerized Footwear Systems, is the leading developer in the "Global Village" for Know-how & Digital Technology for a revolutionary new process known as the "Mass Customization" of Footwear.

Digitoe develops and utilizes the latest Computer Technology to scan the individual foot, and create a custom designed pair of "Shoe Lasts" to match the individual feet.

A "Shoe Last" is the solid form around which a shoe is molded. Every shoe requires a "shoe last" for manufacturing.

The "fit" of a shoe depends on the design, shape and size of the "shoe last". Once you have a proper fitting "shoe last", every pair of shoes made on that "shoe last" will fit exactly the same....perfectly.

Each Digitoe customer will have their own "shoe lasts".

From that time on you will be able to order your shoes in person at a Digitoe "Retail Fitting Center", by E-Mail, Snail
Mail, or Telephone. You will be able to select the style, color and the leather.

The finished shoe will be sent to you directly, and every pair will fit the same, because they are made on your own
"personalized shoe lasts".

Digitoe "Retail Fitting Centers" will be opening soon in many locations. Please check back with us for further developments.


ShoeMakers.com


is the Trade name of the Digitoe Retail Fitting Centers



Digitoe FAQs :

The following is a list of answers to the 10 most frequently asked questions about Digitoe Custom Fit Footwear :

1. HOW DOES THE FOOT "SCANNER" WORK?

The person sits on a comfortable bench seat, similar to a shoe shine parlor, and places their foot in the "scanning window". The foot can be examined and measured from several critical views, by a Digitoe Trained Technician. The computer captures and saves the images.

 

2. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SCANNED IMAGE DATA?

The information is transmitted to the Digitoe Central Lab. The data is processed, and the "shoe last" is designed and made to fit the individual foot. At the same time the patterns are cut and sent to the shoe factory.

 

3. WHERE DO PEOPLE GO TO HAVE THEIR FEET MEASURED & SCANNED?

To have your feet scanned & measured you must go to a Digitoe Authorized Location. The network is growing and
their will soon be "Satellite Fitting Centers" located in major population centers.

 

4. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE "SHOE LASTS" & FIRST PAIR OF SHOES?

The set up and processing of the "first order" can take from 3-4 weeks. Once you have your own "shoe lasts", orders can be processed in approximately 3 weeks.

Eventually we will be able to shorten the turn around time for repeat customers from 3 weeks to 1 week.

 

5. IS IT MORE EXPENSIVE TO HAVE SHOES CUSTOM MADE?

Yes. It is more expensive to make shoes one pair at a time. With the aid of modern technology and the CAD/CAM
Computer, the cost difference is not very much.

In the long run, the "other benefits" of having your footwear custom made, far out weigh the small difference in
cost. Your "custom fit footwear is a better investment".

The shoes will fit your feet properly. They will wear better and last longer. Your feet will be comfortable and your
whole body will be supported properly. They are re-buildable.

 

6. WHAT IF MY FEET ARE 2 DIFFERENT SIZES AND I WEAR PRESCRIPTION ORTHOTICS?

No problem! We make each "shoe last" to fit each individual foot. Even if your feet are extremely different sizes, your
shoes will fit each foot correctly. The style of the shoe and the leather will look exactly the same since they are
"custom made" on your "shoe lasts" for "your feet".

If you wear Prescription Orthotics your feet will be scanned with your orthotics on your foot, so there will be enough room inside the shoes for your feet and the orthotics.

 

7. HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES CAN BE MADE ON ONE LAST?

You can have hundreds of pairs of shoes made on the same "shoe last". The fit and size will always be the same.

 

8. CAN I BE MY OWN FASHION DESIGNER?

Yes. Digitoe has a special department staffed by Master Craftsmen who can Handicraft your dream fantasy
footwear. You can even have your own designer label.

 

9. CAN MORE THAN ONE STYLE OF SHOE BE MADE ON THE SAME SHOE LAST?

Yes. You can make many styles on the same "shoe last". For example, we could make Walking Shoes, Golf Shoes,
Hiking Boots, and many Casual or Dress Styles on the same "shoe last".

The only limitation is the shape of the toe and the height of the heel. If you want different "toe styles" you can have additional "shoe lasts" made for any shape you would like. (ie. round, pointed, square)

 

10. ARE THERE ANY PLANS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A DIGITOE FRANCHISE NETWORK?

Digitoe is planning to open "Retail Manufacturing Centers" and "Satellite Fitting Centers" in major population areas across North America and Europe.

One day in the near future you will be able to have your feet scanned at Digitoe Fitting Centers which will be located in many parts of the "Global Village"...

 

"When Your Feet Feel Right, You Feel Right."


Site Map

Return to Main Page


Digitoe.com
ShoeSchool.com
DigiLast.com
ShoeMakers.com
SandalCrafters.com
Clown Shoes.com

DigitoeCommunications

Book Store

Press

Shoe Art Gallery

Video Gallery

Business Opportunity

Contact Us


Interesting Links
 


Short Stories

Index

Shoes for the
21st Century

Custom Fit Footwear

What is a Shoe Last?

Once Upon A Time...

Custom Made Shoes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Contact Us

 

© Copyright 1988-Present Digitoe Inc., All Rights Reserved.